Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cosmic Glory Dance



Deep thoughts. I am sitting in a bible study surrounded by deep thoughts. All of the terms end with the suffix "ism." This is code for the study of philosophical ideas. Sadly, I only made it through Old and New Testament 101 in college. Most of my thoughts on God and the universe have to do with my relationship with the God of the Universe. I am not so sure I am wired for the deeper thoughts that require suffixes.

In all seriousness, I really love a great biblical discourse. Which, of course, brings me to mirrored disco-balls. Come on, there is some real depth to this subject. An "In the beginning" kind of depth to discuss, as we ponder the magical reflective value of a disco ball. My experiences with these illuminated orbs have always revolved around a dance floor, or Saturday Night Fever retro-disco movie night. But there is a profound concept that far exceeds a good line-dance or pair of platforms shoes.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. Best way I can grasp that, is to imagine that all our souls are like a mirror. We reflect the light of Christ to the world. That is one big light, FYI. We couldn't possibly contain all that light. So, He spread it around in all His peoples hearts. All together, we can bring His imagine into completion.

2 Corinthians 4: 6 For God, who said, "Let light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." Think of it this way, the redeemed Christ followers of the world-his church, are like a sort of disco ball reflecting throughout the universe the glory of God.

Sure, we can all talk about what is not working in the church. Lots of good conversation going on about that everywhere. But, I think Our Father in heaven thinks of His bride as beautiful. That bride analogy is a biblical truth. She may not be ready for that marriage supper he speaks of, but she is a beautiful young thing. Ever being glorified for that day we have that party in heaven forever.

So I say, get together with other Christ followers. Let His light shine through you not just individually, but as a group. Let the cosmic glory dance continue on. Remember, Jesus is and always will be the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment