Monday, June 29, 2009

No, I Don’t Know What I Want to Be When I Grow-up



God of our Lord Jesus, the Libertating King, Father of Glory. I call out to You on behalf of Your people. Give them a mind ready to receive wisdom and revelation so they will truly know You, Open the eyes of their hearts, and let the light of Your truth flood in. Show them what you have promised them. Shine your light on the hope You are calling them to embrace. Reveal to them the glorious riches You are preparing as their
inheritance. Let them see the full extent of Your power that is at work in those of us who believe, and may it be done according to Your might and power.
Ephesians 1: 17,18


When I was 18, I was clueless about the future. Everyone kept asking me what I wanted to do now that I had graduated. Everyone asked me what university I was going to. Everyone asked me what I was going to major in. I felt so lame not having a good answer to any of the previous questions. I simply just didn’t know.
I had been accepted at a college in-town and picked a proposed major, but seriously didn’t know enough about it to dedicate my life to it. I was clueless and a blonde.

Fortunately, I did not pay much attention to my insecurities, but I grabbed a hold of the Ephesians verses above. God is so amazing He never lets us wander aimlessly. He is reaching out to us to offer the gift of
wisdom and truth. It is all about realigning our minds to His and giving us eyes to see His plan. We need Him, again I say, we need Him. Without Him, the world is a scary place.

Most of us want to know that our lives will count. Most of us want to know that we matter. We all want to know that God has wealth far outside our ability to obtain and that that He is willing to share with His people.
It is our natural birthright as His redeemed children to walk in His fullness. God’s definition of wealth is different from ours. We must see the world through His eyes and begin to see value His way.

Don’t overlook that God is powerful and more than able to overcome through your faith in Him. We all have that sense of cluelessness. Maybe that is the beginning of wisdom for us all. We desperately need God.
Isn’t it Good News that He is mighty and powerful to accomplish His will in our lives.

Open your hearts and minds to His revelation and His light. God is an awesome God and a willing Heavenly Father. He provides the power to illuminate your future and your path. So, there is no reason to be clueless after all.

1 comment:

  1. Joan, I think you've done pretty well for someone who had no clue!! You let Go and LET GOD!!

    ReplyDelete