Saturday, January 23, 2010


Music is my default plan for untangling my inner world. At the end of a particularly oppressive, ridiculously overtaxed day, I need my itunes. Yes, I admit that is probably rather tweenager of me, but it acts as a sort of sieve for my internalized angst. I randomly select songs with mood and content to address the days unresolved issues. It is all I can do to not devolve to karaoke sometimes. But, I restrain myself for the sake of my family.

It can be as simple as something retro and rock, a blaring anthem, global house, or alternative and folklike. Eventually I wind my way around to worship. I am a lover of God and His presence is my ultimate destination and desire, regardless of my air guitar, rockband mentality.

This searching reflects my typical pattern of relating to Jesus, one that I hope I will ultimately outgrow. You see, I have to explore all my options, exhaust myself with my own inadequate pursuits, and ultimately arrive at this throne, wondering what took me so long. He smiles. He know me. He is a patient God.
In eterntiy, I doubt that we will float around with harps like the great artists of old depicted. I imagine the choir leader has some new technology that will stun the senses, but I must admit, I think Christ will enjoy all the soloist He knows so well, who found themselves and ultimately Him through a digital download.

No comments:

Post a Comment