Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We Are Not Faceless


I love that God knows my name. My name matters. Your name matters. It is not just the actual verbage that counts, it is the truth that you exist and you count in our universe and His Kingdom.

Most of us struggle with the issue of humility. We wonder if what we have heard of His amazing promises to us in our prayer closet is really OK to share. People might think we are nuts or at least just vain and ambitious. After all, God couldn't want to honor us, right?

The Bible is usually a great read. There are moments that challenge me though. The lists of geneologies in particular. I call them the Bob Begats. Name after name of characters that crafted out the lineage of the Eternal King of Glory. Random people collected into God's creative mix of amazing feats of faith. They are all listed by name.

I guess if we were to be faceless he could have left off all those names and shortened my reading time daily in the One Year Bible. There is another place my name is listed, regardless of my faith walk today. It is the Book of Life. Glad to see my name in that one, thanks to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment